Top 5 Tips when Purchasing a Used Forklift
Ensuring you buy wisely is not an easy task but a very important one, consider the following:
1. Condition: while all forklift trucks feature hour clocks, it is often wise to perform a general inspection of the truck to gauge condition. Look out for dents, which may be a result of rough or sloppy operation, and consider taking along an engineer to perform a more detailed inspection.
2. Performance: ask for a demonstration and check the mast function both unloaded and with full load capacity. If your truck is supplied with an attachment it would be wise to put it through its paces to ensure functionality.
3. Parts Availability: ensure that you will easily be able to source any parts for the truck you are purchasing. Make certain you perform a check prior to purchasing your truck to ensure they are available in the UK and secondly that they are not too costly to purchase.
4. Safe & Legal: ensure that the forklift truck has up to date LOLER / Thorough Examination Certificate.
5. Warranty: Check what warranty is offered with your forklift. If warranty is provided make sure you are fully aware as to what is covered and any exclusions that may apply.